With 2013 coming to an end we had to put one final post up recapping some of the most memorable/popular articles on NYSkateboarding.com. Huge thanks to all the fans of our site, our contributors and of course everyone who makes the wheels turn in the New York skateboarding community! Here’s a quick trip down 2013’s memory lane from January to June.
- Anthony Pappalardo drops some new footage shortly after his interview on 48Blocks.
- Planetree Skate Park [88th St] was just a work in progress, we posted a first look.
- Tony Hawk’s Rad Science exhibit came to Queens.
- Josh Stewart drops the Static IV Teaser
- Larry Clark’s exhibit went on display at New Museum.
- NYSkateboarding.com v3.0 launches!
- We begin our New York in the Mags feature (to become a spotty feature).
- We began our #FREEPRODUCTFRIDAYS giveways.
- House of Vans held an amazing event in memory of Matt Bell Jr.
- Drop-In indoor skate park closes after 7 years
- We interviewed UXA’s Peter Hyunh
- Long Island’s historical “New Skool Web” VHS went online.
- To prove we actually leave New York sometimes we posted this.
- Photographer Peter Pabon joined the NYSB crew.
- Carolyn Rothstein writes an amazing article about the cast of KIDS.
- We take a closer look at Planetree [88th St] skate park.
- The Bronx gets some new things to skate in the name of art.
- We interviewed Mighty Healthy’s Ray Mate.
- Riverside [Andy Kessler] skate park reopens.
- TWS begins a dope video series – NYC Rising.
- Max Fish sees End of Days after numerous false alarms.
- We interviewed photographer & filmer Michael Cirelli.
- 2nd Nature builds a new skate shop in Bushwick Brooklyn.
- GSD just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
- LES loses Motor City Bar.
We’ll run through July – December in Part II.
Our New Event Calendar launched!
We launched our new Event Calendar in March 2013, click through below to see how many events we posted to date.