We’re continuing our Best of 2013 list with Part 2 including July 2013 through December 2013. When you’re done with the list make sure to peep the product or full videos that dropped this year and of course the events that went down here in New York. Wishing everyone a great 2014!
- Bobby Puleo has a must read interview on 48Blocks
- Adrian Lux has hands down the best NYC skateboard themed music video.
- Not New York related but Marc Johnson’s Jenkem interview was amazing.
- Gizmo joins the NYSB Crew as Ambassador.
- We interviewed Corn, the photographer not the vegetable.
- Max Fish serves it’s final drinks in the LES
- Manny Pangilinan tells us the story of Nimbus Skates.
- Billy Rohan is back and begins Illumignarly video series.
- Fundraiser to help rebuild Rockaway skate park.
- We interviewed photographer Jay Maldonado.
- We premiered our first NYSB promo clip at the Tengu premiere.
- BAM (once a staple NY skate spot) shows a great skate film collection.
- Allen Ying’s photos make it into the New York Times.
- We interviewed photographer Ray Llanos.
- Andy Kessler Day 2013 at House of Vans.
- We interviewed Brandon Westgate.
- The guy who lived in the Astor Cube before it became the NYSB office.
- We interviewed King of Queens – Rodney Torres.
- NYSB was quoted in the New York Times.
- Harold Hunter Day VII was bigger than ever.
- We met freestyler Kyle Matthew Hamilton.
- Rockaway [B90] skate park is recovering from Sandy.
- The weekly gathering Slappy Sundays celebrates Halloween.
- Washington Heights gets a well overdue huge skate park.
- We interviewed Zoo York’s Ben Oleynik.
- Charlie Samuels writes about the Broadway Bomb.
- “The Brodies” premieres in NYC raising the bar for skateboarding films.
- We listed 10 ways to survive skateboarding New York in the Winter.
- Learn about Brooklyn’s classic Volcano spot.
- We interviewed photographer Ryan Zimmerman.
- Nyack fundraiser with the Bobshirt skateboard collection.
- We listed some New York skateboarding gift ideas for the holidays.
- Sean Smith put out his documentary on NYC skateboarding.
- We interviewed Shut’s Michael Cohen.
Favorite Pics – Part 2
Wow, to think that this is just some of the highlights of each month. It’s amazing how much goes down here in New York on the daily. All of this doesn’t just happen on it’s own, it’ s all through the hard work of all the brands, shops, filmers, promoters and of course the skateboarders either local or visiting the best city in the world! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO!!