Our friends over at SURE Skateboards and the NYC Skateboard Coalition are trying to get as much support possible requesting an indoor skate park at Pier 40. Fill out the quick survey here before 9/28/2017. More instructions below.
Please help the future of New York City’s Skateboard Community and Its Culture by filling out a short online survey.
SURE Skateboards is working with a group of active parents and skateboard enthusiasts to encourage Community Board 2 to consider including a public indoor skateboard facility as part of the redevelopment of Pier 40 in lower Manhattan.
I am personally passionate about having a skate park that has time and/or space designated for skaters in the five to twelve year old age range. Something currently lacking and much needed.
I also see an indoor facility as a critical component for NY Skateboarding as a local resource for Olympic contenders leading up to the debut of Skateboarding at the 2020 Tokyo Games.
New York City Residents – Click Here to fill out the sixteen question (mobile phone friendly) Community Board 2 survey.
It is suggested to copy and paste the below five lines of text into the comments field in section sixteen. This will help put the skate park initiative on the radar screen of Community Board 2.
– Much needed NYC indoor Skatepark
– Olympic skateboard level facility with upcoming 2020 Olympics
– Accommodation for younger skaters
– Inclusive of skate style, from street to transition
– Inclusive of sizes ramps, small, medium, large, 13 foot vert ramp
Please fill the survey out in time for it to be considered as part of the results at the below meeting on September 28th.
FUTURE OF PIER 40 WORKING GROUP
Tobi Bergman, Chair
Thurs., 9/28 @ 6:30 PM-
Village Community School,
272 W. 10th St., Auditorium
- Discussion of survey results.
- Review of draft framework for final working group report to be completed by end of year.
Thank you for your time and support.
– Rob Rodrigues, SURE SKateboards